Friday, December 7, 2012

How can I prepare for a mission?


I'm thinking about going on a mission. Is there anything I need to do to prepare?
Like ·  ·  · 4 hours ago via Mobile

  • Candace Anne Martineau There is a lot that you can do to prepare if you like. Reading through Preach My Gospel and doing some of the activities is probably the best teaching preparation, getting really comfortable with discussing scripture and your testimony is good too. Your main message as a missionary is about the Restoration of Christ's church, right? Well, sometimes you don't have a nice 30 minute lesson time to teach it in, you only have a few minutes at a bus stop or on a door step. The best examples of teaching the restoration in a few words are the apostles in their Conference talks. They are masters of teaching powerful messages in a few sentences.
  • Candace Anne Martineau OK, physical preparation- I can only speak for serving in the US, but for me it was really helpful to know how to make fast, healthy budget-friendly meals. Also you have 30 minutes to work out in the morning but no gym equipment or sports practice to guide that time. If you learn a few exercise routines, both for indoors or bad weather days and outdoors, it will make being obedient to that mission rule a lot easier.





    I'm thinking about going on a mission. Is there anything I need to do to prepare?
    What is your Advice for this future sister?

No comments: