Saturday, October 20, 2012

Now Is the Time to Serve a Mission!

While I was serving as a missionary on Temple Square, I got to attend a session of conference in the Conference Center.  Richard G. Scott spoke on missionary service, and I was so touched by the importance he placed on sisters.  Several months later, I was training a group of new sisters on how to take tours through the Conference Center.  We sat in a little alcove and I asked each one to share what conference meant to them. Several sisters recalled this special talk, and shared how it had influenced them to make the decision to serve.

In light of the recent age guideline changes, I'm sure there are several sisters out there wondering if a mission is for them.  This inspired and inspiring talk for our generation may help guide you.


Text found : http://lds.org/general-conference/2006/04/now-is-the-time-to-serve-a-mission

No comments: